People who really act as themselves - in the board room, classroom and community hall - bring their best to their work, the people in their lives and the organizations and communities they represent. They share what they know in their own unique voice and in their very own way. Whether you present, lecture, lead workshops or teams, you will find this workshop essential. It addresses the following factors that block many of us from acting authentically in front of an audience:

  1. We follow or create bad scripts that don't reflect what's important to us.
  2. We play a role, one that isn't ours. We feel compelled to act and speak in ways that do not reflect who we really are.

Both of these create barriers that separate us from our own unique voice and the groups we work with. This workshop brings the best of what educational psychology and performing arts have to offer to those who want to improve their ability to communicate and influence. It will help you show up, see where you're boring and bring your full self to your work with others.

Specifically, this workshop will help you:

  • Connect with your audience

  • Articulate your most important points in interesting ways

  • Design your presentations or lectures for maximum retention

  • Engage your groups in discussion

  • Use techniques that will help you to be more interesting

  • Develop a greater comfort with delivering in your own unique way

who we are

John Beale is a Toronto-based actor, teacher and director. A graduate of the Philippe Gaulier International Theatre School in Paris, John also trained, performed and taught extensively with Shakespeare and Company in Lenox, Massachusetts. He is an artistic associate with reWork Productions in Toronto. He has been holding publicly offered performance workshops since 2005.

Alison McEachern is the owner of Groupatwork, a company that specializes in helping people develop their ability to collaborate effectively and engage others through participation. Alison's unique approach to her work has been shaped through 22 years of facilitation and training experience; graduate studies in education and counseling; and her early collaboration with some of Canada's most talented trainers and facilitators. She has led workshops that have been attended by over 5,000 people throughout the United States and Canada.


join us

Our class size is limited to 20 participants. We'd love to have you join us. If you're ready to sign up, click the button below. If you'd like to speak with John or Alison, please drop us a line using the form offered at the bottom of this page.


connect

Name *
Name
Phone
Phone

toronto workshop logistics

When: January 11 & 12, 2016

Logistics: Coffee, tea and snacks will be provided for each session. The class size is limited to 20 people. 

Cost: $965 + HST including coffee/tea, nutrition breaks, materials and access to videotaping services (optional for those who choose to be videotaped).

Location: Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street, Toronto, ON

Cancellation Policy:

  • With one month notice (prior to December 14, 2015), you will receive a full refund
  • With three weeks notice (between December 15 & December 21, 2015), you will receive a 70% refund with the remaining 30% applied as credit to future workshops
  • Less than three weeks notice (between December 22, 2015 and January 11, 2016), you will not receive a refund but can apply your fee towards any future workshops or you can transfer your registration to someone else