Graphic Recording and Graphic Art by Kelly O'Neil
What is Graphic Recording?
Graphic recording is a creative way of capturing and communicating group ideas, plans, values, goals or vision. Doodles and text are used to visually transcribe conversations or summarize group ideas. Graphic recording can be done live during group sessions or used to prepare workshop materials in advance.
Group goal-setting, visioning or training workshops, strategic planning and process design sessions
Why use Graphic Recording?
- Makes thinking visible to the group
- Lets people see themselves in the picture
- Provides a permanent visual record of group thinking
- Can enhance comprehension and learning retention
- Supports communities with literacy or language barriers
- Enlivens presentations, adds some fun and creativity to workshops